Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Teens Rights

Everybody has rights. They're in the constitution, the workplace, and even our schools. So why is it that our own home holds no freedom for us?? How does that make any sense!? My mom's the worst. She says that I'm a grown up who needs to do chores, run to the store when she needs me to, and make good grade (which I do) yet she denies me the simple freedom to form an opinion of my own. She has told me, and I quote, "You don't know what  you're talking about! You're just a kid! A stupid kid." Uh hello! I'm 17 and will be 18, which from what I remember is the legal age to be an adult! NOT a kid. My birthday come before I graduate and she told me today that I HAVE to stay here until I graduate. Unfortunately for her, that's not the case. She strips me of my rights as a human being. Someone with ideas, beliefs, and even opinions. She has told me that I'm not allowed to go to church because God is a myth and that he's stupid. My dad use to be on my side....but not anymore. Now she's always right! Even though she lies to him about me!! My brother though always gets attention from her. She will get off the computer to talk to him about his anime things but she won't even look up when I try to talk to her about college....

1 comment:

  1. I strongly agree that the way parents/legal guardians are allowed to treat children is appalling. The way they can transport or lock up humans without their consent is nothing short of the same way people used to treat slaves. Also, when they are done with said child, they can deport him to whatever institution they've found online, without needing the child's consent of course, and regardless of the child's possible ongoing career and/or social life.

    ReplyDelete